In the aftermath of the stolen logos scandal, Robert Wurth and I discussed the commoditization of design and how designers can strive to improve designer/client relationships. We went a little long today but it was a great conversation with a lot of value.Listen to this episode
- 0:00:37 Original guest cancelled and why
- 0:03:00 Robert’s comments on the LogoWorks controversy.
- 0:05:01 Where designers often go wrong with clients
- 0:18:24 Competing on cost vs. value
- 0:35:29 How can designers service clients better?
- 0:59:15 What is PGDA (Professional Graphic Designer Association
- 1:01:40 Design Client Survey: Client’s needs vs. our needs
- 1:08:24 How can designers solve problems better?
- 1:12:00 Can designers collaborate on projects, resources and referrals better?
- 1:24:27 Distinct or extinct!
Links to other things discussed in this podcast:
- Book on innovation management skills Simplex: A Flight to Creativity
- About.com GD Forum, HOW Forum, The Graphic Design Forum
- Excellent blog managed by Cat Morley
- Design client survey: What things are important to our CLIENTS? Send this to your clients and ask them to fill it out. Don’t worry, it’s anonymous!
- Designer survey: What things are important to US? Please fill this out if you are a designer